Rod of Lordly Might
Legendary wondrous item
Property: You can use a rod of lordly might as a +2 mace. Additionally, you can use the following properties, each of which requires an action unless otherwise noted.
- Immobilizing Strike (1/day): Use the rod to make a melee attack against a creature within 5 feet of you. On a hit, the target is also restrained for 1 minute. The target can take an action to make a DC 13 Strength check, ending the restrained condition early on a success.
- Invoke Fear (1/day): Each enemy within 30 feet of you that can see you must succeed on a DC 13 Wisdom saving throw or become frightened for 1 minute. The target can take an action to make a DC 13 Wisdom check, ending the frightened condition early on a success.
- Drain Life (1/day): Use the rod to make a melee attack against a creature within 5 feet of you. If the attack hits, it deals an additional 4d6 necrotic damage, and you regain 2d6 hit points.
Buttons: Once per round as part of another action, you can press one of the rod’s six buttons. The button’s effect lasts until you push a different button or until you push the same button again, which causes the rod to revert to its normal form.
- A fiery blade sprouts from the end opposite the rod’s flanged head. The rod becomes a flame tongue.
- The rod becomes a +3 battleaxe as its flanged head folds down and two crescent-‐shaped blades spring out.
- The rod becomes a +3 spear as its flanged head folds down, a spear point springs from the rod’s tip, and the rod’s handle lengthens into a 6-‐foot haft.
- The rod transforms into a climbing pole. A spike at the bottom anchors the pole in surfaces as hard as granite, while the other end sprouts three sharp grappling hooks. The rod stretches to a maximum length of 50 feet, stopping at whatever length you choose. Horizontal bars 3 inches long fold out from the sides, 1 foot apart, in a staggered progression, forming a ladder. The rod is firmly held in position by the spike and hooks, and it can bear up to 4,000 pounds.
- The rod transforms into a handheld battering ram, which can be used to break down doors, barricades, and other objects. The force exerted by the rod is equivalent to Strength 30.
- The rod indicates magnetic north and gives you knowledge of your approximate depth beneath the surface or your height above it.
This metal rod resembles a mace with a flanged head at one end and six brass buttons in a row along the haft.